The missile launcher system consists of the green missile launch tube containing the missile, a grip stock and a cylindrical thermal battery. The launch tube is reloadable at depot, but missile rounds are delivered to fire units in their launch tubes. The device can be reloaded up to five times. The Strela and its variants have been widely used in nearly every regional conflict since 1968.
- 9K32M Strela-2M — "SA-7b Grail"
- Strela 2M2J Sava — Yugoslavian version
- CA-94 & CA-94M — Romanian versions
- HN-5, Hongying 5— Chinese version
- Anza — Pakistani version
- Ayn al Saqr — Egyptian version, known as Sakr Eye
- Hwasung-Chong — North Korean version